TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Girls on the move will strive to move the items without any harm or damage, but due to the nature
of moving, items will be moved at owners’ and or client’s own risk. Neither Girls on the Move nor any
employees or agents will be liable for any loss or damage, however caused, arising out of this
agreement. Therefore Girls on the Move do recommend use of our independent insurer!
2. All risk insurance can be arranged at an additional cost – excess payable by client.
3. Client Signature in acknowledge of nr 1: ______________________________
4. Extra items not quoted for, will be charged for accordingly.
5. Please note due to the fluctuation of the national fuel price this quote is only valid for 14 days from
the date of quotation. Thereafter the quotation will be adjusted accordingly.
6. Due to the “unpredictable” nature of Pot Plants, a separate removal rate will apply.
7. AN ADDITIONAL AMOUNT OF R 3 880-00 WILL APPLY FOR SUNDAYS AND PUBLIC
8. Dismantling of valuables to be arranged with Girls on the Move, prior to removal.
9. A charge of R350-00 per item will be charged for the Hoisting of any goods.
10. Packing, Wrapping and dismantling of goods will be at an additional charge.
11. Sealing of boxes will be at an additional cost – no open boxes will be transported.
12. Girls on the Move cannot accept liability for boxed valuables that have not been packed and
unpacked by our ladies team.
13. Fridges and freezers must be emptied and defrosted by the client before the move to prevent
leaking water onto other furniture
14. Due to the sensitivity of electronic equipment and the difficulty and/or inability to test each item
before furniture removal, Girls on the Move cannot be held liable for breakages, attachments and faults
reported on electronic equipment e.g. Washing machines, microwaves, and the like.
15. All drawers and cupboards must be emptied, unless packing is done by Girls on the Move.
16. Dangerous goods / Flammables such as: petrol and gas etc. as well as FIREARMS, will not be
transported by Girls on the Move. Kindly note that you as the Client are requested, to pack and transport
your own small valuables such as watches, jewellery etc. as Girls on the Move will take no liability,
whatsoever, for such small valuables.
17. Please ensure a clear pathway for removal staff by keeping all animals out of the way during your
18. Any queries arising from the removal must be reporter within 7 working days.
19. Kindly note, that it is advised that you do not sell any of your valuables to Girls on the Move staff.
Any transactions thereof will be strictly between you and that particular staff member.
20. More importantly, please take the time to sign the inventory sheet on completion of loading
your valuables, as well as on the delivery of valuables.
21. NB!! Confirmation of bookings:
A deposit of 70% is payable in advance to book a move. The remaining 30% must be
paid before the move date. Thus 100% payment is required 48hours before the
commencement of the move.
100% is payable in advance for long distance.
Any additional amounts (packing etc) are due before the truck offloads. No exceptions
will be made.
We require a copy of your deposit slip or electronic proof of payment,
A signed copy of both our quotation and terms and conditions to be faxed or e-mailed
to Girls on the Move.
Only then will your move be booked and confirmed.
Client Signature in acknowledge of above statement:_______________
Girls on the Move
Account Number: 404 842 4165
Branch Code: 631142 (Deposited at the branch)
632005 (Internet banking)
Please use your surname and quote number as the reference on the deposit slip, in order to prevent any delays.
22. Should the move be cancelled by the client less than 72 hours before the move is to take place
the client shall be liable for a 20% cancellation fee of the quoted amount, including all amounts further
agreed upon, same amounts which should have been payable to girls on the move, should the move,
as was contemplated have occurred. Should the move be cancelled less than 60 hours before the
move is to take place the client shall be liable for a cancellation fee of 50% of the quotation amount,
including all amounts further agreed upon, same amounts which should have been payable should
the move, as was contemplated, have occurred.
23. LONG DISTANCE MOVES – ONLY IF QUOTED FOR PART LOAD PLEASE UNDERSTAND
THAT THE LOAD IS PART OF A LARGER LOAD ALREADY BOOKED FOR TRANSPORT TO THE
SAME DESTINATION.IF FOR ANY REASON THE MAIN LOAD IS CHANGED OR CANCELLED
THEN WE WILL CONSIDER OPTIONS TO MOVE THE SAME PART LOAD.THIS MAY INVOLVE
A CHANGE OF PRICE AND REMOVAL DATE.
24. LONG DISTANCE MOVES ARE TO BE PAID IN FULL IN CASH OR WITH A BANK
GUARANTEED CHEQUE PRIOR TO THE REMOVAL OF VALUABLES.
25. In the event that the deposit is not paid as per paragraph 21 hereof, it shall not be seen as a
relaxation of Girls on the move’s rights in law or in terms of this contact an no relaxation shall be
viewed as any (tacit) agreement, warranty or variation of this agreement.
26. Balance of payment becomes due and payable once the vehicle is loaded; goods will not be
offloaded until payment is received. Only cash or bank guaranteed cheque.
27. In the event that the deposit is not paid or the balance of the payment due is not paid as
per the terms of this contract it is recorded that Girls on the move will have a legal lien on the
items removed and in the possession of Girls on the move. Girls On The Move shall be entitled
to hold all goods as security for any other moneys which may be owing to it by the customer from any
28. In the event of the carrier retaining possession of the goods in terms of paragraph 27, Girls on the
move shall be entitled to store or warehouse the goods at such place as it deems fit, at the customer’s
expense. It is specifically recorded that in the event that the lien is exercised by Girls on the Move that
a storage fee per day be payable by the client on the items on which the lien is exercised.
28. In the event that the lien is exercised it is recorded that Girls on the move will have the right:
to open and examine the goods;
28.1. to sell the whole or part of the items over which the lien is exercised in such a manner and on
such terms and conditions as Girls on the Move deems fit;
28.2. to apply the proceeds of any sale after deducting all expenses thereof in payment or reduction of
any amount due by the customer to Girls On The Move (including the storage charges envisaged in
paragraph 28), provided that any surplus shall be paid over to the customer without interest immediately
after the sale, if the customer’s address is known, and if not, upon demand made by the customer within
90 days of the sale.
28.3. Girls On The Move shall not be liable for any loss, damage or deterioration of such goods
attributable to the implementation of this clause.
28.4. Girls On The Move’s rights under this clause are not exhaustive and are in addition to any other
rights which it may have.
Thank you for trusting GIRLS ON THE MOVE to move your valuables!
Name in Print: ____________________
Signed in Acceptance: ___________________
Client’s ID number: ________________
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FROM THE SALES DEPARTMENT:
NB: PLEASE IF YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE QUOTE SUPPLY US WITH YOUR
VAT REG NR (business only)…………………………
CONTACT PERSON ON DAY OF REMOVAL………………………………………………………….
TEL NR ………………………………………….